7.28.2008

Theater & Family... catch up time!

Wow, what a MAJOR slacker I have a been. Sooooo much has been going on and I have not blogged about any of it... I'll start with about a month ago...

My good friend Erica works for the D news as a theater critic among other things and she was sent do to Tuachan to review the summer line up... Sound of Music and Les Mis. Tuachan is such an amazing theater. It is in Ivans Ut and set right in the red rocks... It was cool cause in the beginning of the Sound of Music, Maria was actually in the mountains singing, and then came down to the stage. I thought that was pretty cool! the rest of that show was OK, but I really like Les Mis. Gar got me tickets to it for my birthday and I can't wait to see it again! Erica and I had a blast. As you can tell from the picture below... I were out at the pool ALL DAY LONG on Saturday before Les Mis and I got a little too much sun.
You think after 30 years I'd learn that I just don't do the sun very well... But, it was fun and we had a blast! If you have the chance, you should get to a show down there. It is a really cool experience!

What next... Well my sister Ang got into running a few years ago and this year she ran the Wasatch Back relay. Yes, she is the crazy sister. Gar and I watched the kiddies over night while Kirk helped out and Ang ran. It is always fun watching the kids over night. I don't know how families do it with more than one kid...
We got pizza and watched the Bee movie which is really cute. They always have fun kicking it downstairs.
Then we went out to the fire pit and roasted mallows and ate smores. It was a blast.

We just sat around the fire and chatted, telling embarrassing stories and just hanging out. It was fun! Those kids are too cute!

Then we got the blow up mattresses and got the sleepover going. E always sleeps on the couch and the others get the blow up mattresses. They love it! We let them watch cartoons while the lay there. Toby loves it too, he usually cuddles up with them. Rio only woke up once during the night because she was falling off the mattress. Gar has to wake me up because I'm so deaf that i can't hear them calling me. SAD for me and my 90 year old hearing!
Then we had a dinner at Ang's... it was so long ago, I can't remember if it was a birthday or just the usual Sunday dinner... Anyway... we all got together and Net and Joe brought over their bounce house. It was so dang cute. The little ones loved it. The bigger kids wanted to jump too, and the bounce house wasn't having it.
Then uncle carnival ride AKA Gar always plays with the kids and they LOVE it. They can be as rough as they want, Gar's pretty tough. This is Gar putting Abe and Adam in a head lock. They know when to tap out. It's so funny! Even the little ones wrestle with him. He is the best uncle to let them tackle him!
The funniest was Gar putting Beck and Ang in the head lock. It was hilarious! Beck always thinks she can take a man down if needed, but whenever she fights with Gar, she realizes... maybe not.
So apparently, Joey took our camera when we set it down... So I'm posting this sweet pic! That's what you get Jome!!!!
WOW, there have been so much going on and I still forget to take pix. I bring the camera, but forget to use it... The pic below is at Abe's and Isaac's baptism dinner. It was a fun day. I just really can't get enough of the kids! God love em'!
OK - so up to come is Aurora's visit, again not a lot of pix cause I'm a space case in my old age, Vegas and the San Diego Comic Com... Stayed tuned for more Good times!!!

5 comments:

Nickie said...

I love seeing your beautiful sun burnt face! You couldn't be ugly if you tried sister!
I love this whole blog, it just made me smile and laugh and toot, just a little.
Love the pic of Joey, nice that you posted it.
Your nieces and nephews are presh! I love seeing them and their little Omer resemblences.
Holy crap I miss you!
Lovies!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What are seriously have such a fun summer -to bad you can't fit me in :( kidding!

Love the pic of Joey - nice one!

ClinTeeny said...

Teeny is the same way in the sun....always after that 'golden' tan. SPF 45 and white as a honkey! Good to see you're still ticking.

ANOB said...

Dang....my kids are so cute!!!Thanks for being such a cool Aunt and Uncle. We Love Aunt Stef and Uncle G!!!Thanks again for watching our kids while i killed myself....

Deb said...

Stef... great blog. You guys are having the best summer. The trip to Vegas looked like a gnarly time! I would love to see a live Cirque show, such fascinating performers and costumes. How fun!

The kids are sure getting big, they are such a cute little pack! That's so cool that you and Garr have sleep-overs for them. They must love it... and Toby too!

Love you...miss you
D