4.27.2009

13.1 - What a blast!

Well, I survived the half marathon. And I must say that I enjoyed it. It was tough and kicked my butt! Other than waiting 10 minutes for the disgusting port-a-pottie and that adding at least 10 minutes to my time, I finished in the time that I was aiming for. So all in all, it was a great morning. Here is me and Nat crossing the finish line, she finished before me, but came and ran the last bit and crossed the finish line with me, it was fun. We sprinted the last 30 feet, it was a blast.

This is one that the SLC Marathon people took, this was at like mile 11 or so running down State Street... Running fro 9th South to South Temple was tough... the hardest part of the run it's mile 11 and 12.

Here are the girls that ran, Ang, Nat, my co-worker Anna, my cuz Maria and me. My dad and Denise came and got us all flowers, it was so great to have everyone there supporting us! THANKS Seth and Aaron and Blake for coming to support me too! I loved seeing you as I ran up to the finish line!
Here are the sisters, I'm still trying to get Beck to commit to doing the Moab Half next year. That is the one that me Nat and Ang want to do.
It was such a great experience and so glad I did it. Next year the goal is to do it with out stopping. Just running straight through the 13.1 miles.



6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Stef you are so my goal! I am so proud of you! Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! Love you!

Meg said...

Kudos to you for finishing! I am pretty sure I would have died halfway through! Way to go!

Annie said...

What? No, "Thanks Annie for meeting me at the finish line and handing me a medal, and even hugging me when I was sweaty and gross?"

Nickie said...

You totally rock sister. That's awesome.
Love you!

Debra S said...

Impressed doesn't even begin to describe it! That is so great Stef!

Deb said...

Totally awesome! and you look so good in the running stance. What a great accomplishment, it must have made you feel really good about yourself! Way to go Stef...ya did good!

Love You