4.09.2007

Easter

HAPPY EASTER!!
(Well, belated Happy Easter)

G and I had a great day yesterday. He started the day off with the usual, Sunday morning racquetball with some buddies. I usually go running at the gym, but instead, I blogged... nice good cardio workout. Then we decorated our Easter Eggs to take over to the girls house for the hunt. It was so much fun. Just me and G. Our awesome eggs are below. Are you surprise that we have Star Wars Easter Eggs?? They turned out really cute and they were a big hit with the kids!
Darth Vader was the best, of course. He even cam with a little helmet. Rio was the lucky on to find this treasure!!
We had a great time at dinner thanks to Ang and Beck putting it all together. They are the party planners. They just tell me what to bring and what time to be there. There was a lot of family and of course, a ton of yummy food. We brought the kids some Easter gifts and chocolate. What is Easter without a HUGE candy bar? We got each of the kids one. I'm sure their parents LOVE when Uncle G and Aunt Stef come over on the holidays. We always bring each one a HUGE candy bar. (10 for $10 at Smith, can beat it!).

G's business, Dean Illustration (deanillustration.com) is doing really well right now. He is in a book called Directory of Illustrators (directoryofillustrators.com). It is a great book for artists and he has had great responses and some calls because of it. It's pretty exciting! He also has a bunch of other freelance things going on as well. Plus he is doing some ads for my work. It is so great that his art is picking up so fast this year. AND while doing all of this freelance for his business, he still has his full time day job! B.U.S.Y!!

We moved his studio into our GINORMOUS one bedroom apartment. He is great. Not one complaint. Half the bedroom is a studio and the other half the studio is in the front room. It's great though, I LOVE watching G paint and draw. It amazed me how he does what he does. I am going to be daring this year and try to paint. Just some color paintings. We will see hos that goes.

We do love living in our apartment, although we are busting at the seams. We just can't quite give it up yet. The hardwood floors, fireplace and the view, calling the office when something is broken. We are going to take advantage of this a little while longer, then think about becoming homeowners. That is the next endeavor... BUT not until next year. We're done with our big purchase this year! OH, and I do LOVE my new car. It is so choice!

Here is Toby, or as his daycare calls him "Toby, the biggest Yorkie in the world". (Yes, he has a daycare... What of it??)
He LOVES to layout on the deck. He will sit out there for hours. We don't let him bark, so he sits out there (we are on the top floor) and growls at every dog he sees. He's our watch dog... What a funny little guy.

I'm off to Dallas this week for some training for work. Should be tons of fun.... NOT... (I'm so bringing NOT back!! It will catch on again, just you watch). I probably won't blog until I'm back.

So, if I'm not back in 5 minutes... Just wait longer.

2 comments:

ANOB said...

Have I told you....I love that you are blogging. I bet you thought I was going to say....lately that I love you.....NOT!!! I so love the bringing the NOT back. I like seeing you guys and what you are up to everyday. Easter was great! Glad you guys were there. It will be nice when Nat and Steve can join us. The airplanes you got the kiddies are still in one piece. Thats one day....we will see about 2 or maybe even 3 days. I'm glad G's buisness is doing so well. He deserves cause he is very talented. Can't wait till you guys buy a house and fill it with kiddies of your own. HAHA!!!
We love Toby!!!!!

love you
A

Joey and Nettifer said...

We love hanging out with you guys! Those easter eggs look awesome and it sounds like you had a wonderful easter. Your eggs turned out way better then mine. I am so doing those star wars ones next year. Darth Vader looks awesome, I love how he has a helmet!
Have fun in Texas "NOT" that place sucks!