4.08.2009

4.18.2009 - A day to go down in history!

Well, I did it. I done gone signed myself up to run/walk/crawl/cry the Salt Lake Half Marathon. A blessed, beautiful 13.1 miles. Not sure how I got suckered into this one - man peer pressure is not a good color on me, I give in way to easily.


Actually, I'm excited to do it and I am doing for me. To see if I can actually finish something that is hard. I have wanted to give up about 15 times a week since the end of January when I dedicated myself to this. But, all in all, I am really proud of myself... Let me preface why I'm so proud- I hate running - I'm generally a very lazy person by nature and at all possible times, I will find a seat and sit down and not do a thing. So what better way to get back at my lazy arse in shape and run a measly 13.1 miles.

It has been a trial, I'm not anywhere near where I really wanted to be by this date, but nonetheless, I ran (with a couple of walks in there) 10 miles last Saturday and it didn't kill me and I have managed to drop 15 lbs. I may keep this exercising thing going. And maybe next year, I may do it again with the goal of not stopping at all - a constant running pace the entire time, we will see about that...

This year, as I crawl over the finish line in just a hair under 12 hours, I will be so proud that I finished. If you feel the urge to come and pull my dying body over the finish line and cheer me on, it is Saturday 4.18.09 at the Gateway. I'm hoping to cross the finish line in about 2 and a half hours, so be at the Gateway Mall no later than 10:15am!!

My sisters Nat & Ang, and coworker Anna, and my cuz Maria will all be running! GOOD TIMES and GO OMERS!!

8 comments:

Dave and Christine said...

I think it is awesome you guys are doing this. I know this sounds stupid but I am jealous. Dave ran the half a couple weeks ago in Moab and I was training for that and then got knocked up so I was out. After he and our friends crossed the finish line and said they did it I was completely envious.

You will be awesome! If you ran 10 you are in no problem. I will be at the end with my preggo self cheering you guys on. Good luck!

Dave and Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

I'll be at the finish line cheering you on. And waiting to clip the chip off your shoe. You're going to be great!

Deb said...

Atta girl Stef! You'll do great. I admire your perserverence... and it will be something you can be proud of!

Best wishes!
love ya

Joey and Nettifer said...

YOU GO! I know you can do it. I am going to try and be there to cheer you on!

Meg said...

Good luck! I am very impressed! go, you!

Nickie said...

That's so awesome Stef! I need you to be here to help motivate me, but I'm just doing a 10K. Hopefully I can work my way up though.
I wish I could be there to cheer you on, be sure to take tons of pics! You're gonna do awesome!
loves!

ClinTeeny said...

It was so fun to see you at the race. I have a really cute picutre of us that I will have to e-mail to you. Great job!! You are awesome!!