1.07.2010

THE CLOSET

Hello all!! Okay so this will probably be the longest blog entry I have ever done, but it is a lot of info! So I got this hair brained idea that I wanted to do something special for Stef for Christmas, she has so many nice clothes and shoes, and purses, and jewelry and she has all of it jamb packed into a little closet and a wardrobe downstairs, so since we have an extra bedroom upstairs...I decided to turn it into a walk-in closet for her, for Christmas.

First step..clear the room,strip the walls, putty, sand clean up dust
Second Step..remove light fixture, blinds, light and electric panels
Third Step..paint the ceiling, repaint molding and door frames


Step Four..Install new track lighting ( to showcase all the wonderful items)



Step Five..Tape everything (God the taping)


Step Six.. Paint the edges, Paint the walls




I choose a rust brown because it matched the floor and the new shelving, and also I read a study that doctor found this to be a very peaceful color, it reminds us of the time in the womb when the only light you see is the light that passes through your mother's belly...very interesting!

Step Five.. Install all the new shelving and hangers, Install new flat screen tv mount, Run cable, Install T.V



Step Six.. Bring in all the furniture and clothes...that is right I put an overstuffed chair in there so she can chill in her closet and watch TV in the mornings.


6 comments:

Seth & Edna said...

That is GD amazing. I can't wait to have my own someday.

Stef shouldn't wear a civil war shirt, she wasn't in the show.

JENNILLE said...

Amazing!! You're so lucky. A girl's dream.
Did you get my msg. I left you back in October. Hah.
Hope you're well. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Best closet EVER. Excellent husbanding. A+.

ANOB said...

Love love love it!! I never want to leave it when Im there!! Well done!!

Nickie said...

That looks amazing, well done you guys.
I'm so sorry about your foot, that looks painful you poor guy. Give Stef a huge hug from me.
Loves!

Deb said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is beautiful. I love the colors and the finished paint looks perfect with the floors. What a fantastic idea. It really turned out nice. Excellent project..just wondering how long it took???
Hearts