4.06.2008

crazy grass and boy bands...

So last year when we bought the house, we signed the papers and officially owned it in June. So we were not there in the spring time when flowers usually bloom. Well, mid-March this year, we noticed somethings growing out of our grass by out porch...

It turns out that, we this is what we think happened... The people we bought the house from wanted to get it re-done and sold quickly, so it appears that they just put grass right over the flower beds... So we now have on one side daffodils growing right out of our grass (top pic) andTBD flowers growing on the other side (2nd pic). It is quite funny. AND, now by our two little tree/bush things in the front year, we have some daffodils growing around those as well. Gar and I just laugh. Gar has some plans for the yard, now that his show is over, he is excited to do some projects.
The house is always keeping us on our feet. We love it, but as time goes by, we find little things, characteristics if you will, that only a 59 year old house can have. Like if we have the space heater on downstairs and we heat something up in the microwave, it cuts the power... I always seem to forget that and with the cold weather, I tend to blow that fuse a lot. That is just one of many fun little things we love out the house...

Gar and some of our theater friends have got a band together, I think I have mentioned this in a previous post. They wanted to start a band that does 80's music. They have been practicing for a couple of months now and had their first official paying gig at the Woodshed (this great little bar downtown and it is smoke fee, LOVE IT!)
The band is called 88m.p.h. (what movie?). Once they have a full set, they will try and get more gigs! I will let ya'll know when they are, they are really good. I'm not just saying that cause my hubby is the lead singer and a total hottie up there playing the guitar, they are really good. And their song selection is SMF!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I love that you have flowers growing up from your grass that is awesome. Now you know where your flower bed should be :)
I want to come and see G Funk play. I didn't know it was smoke free! I need to find a babysitter and come on out. Does that make me sound old? That I have to find a babsitter?

jessica simonsen said...

I love the design in your lawn, it's a perfect arc! You know they come up year after year..... but you probably already knew that?