4.03.2008

Garrick the Artist

If you are a frequent reader of the gstdean.blogspot.com blog, then you are well aware that Gar and I are HUGE fans of LOST. Gar was at work and totally NERDED out and made this design. I think it is pretty sweet. It would be pretty cool to have on the back of a t-shirt.

Gar's freelance work is blowing up. He was hired by the Desert Star Theater to design their back drops and a sign that will be in the show. He was up day and night literally... And he even let me help! I painted the edges and help with with the black and white. It was so much fun.

This is the finished product and the theater LOVED it. He really is an amazing artist. The holes in the bottom are for lights. Pretty fun!

He also did the backdrops for them. The show is the "Wizard of Odd". So he came up with a couple of concepts and it just evolved from there. They are HUGE, something like 26ft X 35ft. This first one is my favorite. This is the munchkin village (or kinda the smurf village).

They just turned out perfect. When they printed them to actual size, they said they look amazing. I can't wait to see them.

I love the "Emerald City". If any of you have been to the Desert Star, you know that they are all spoof's of different shows and they make a ton of Utah jokes, that is why the "Emerald City" is really downtown SLC and our mountains. If you look close, you can see the U and the Y on the mountains.

Gar is still working on more freelance project, the man never quits.

His show, Civil War, is over this weekend and then mine starts... Good times, then we are off for a little vaca... We are going to Phoenix to hang with Aurora. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

those backdrops are amazing....Gar has incredible talent. Let's get latte's when you are in Phoenix! :)

LeutasMom said...

Holy moly! This is INCREDIBLE! Garrick's talent does not stop! You are both headed for UNBELIEVABLE things.

So glad I found your blog. Mine can be found at http://leautasmom.blogspot.com

Much love to you and Gar!

Kim

Joey and Nettifer said...

G never stops amazing me! Where does he find the time? He is so freaking talented! Lets go to those together so we can admire his work!

Nickie said...

Oh my holy yowza!
Your hubby is so talented, those are awesome.
Wow, that's all I can say Stef, wow.

Nickie said...

Umm, sorry I just sort of got on your blog and started commenting and stuff. I'm sort of new at this, I hope I'm not like screwing with blog etiquette or anything. I just couldn't help myself.