10.21.2008

Animal House...

Warning, the pix below may make you sick to your stomach... be advised!

Ok, so I might be a little dramatic about this, but I do think it calls for all the drama I gave it.

The animal in the pictures, noted as exhibit a and exhibit b, was found wandering around in our basement... WTF! I was pulling out the treadmill to run and out of the corner of my eye, see it crawling on the floor. Mind you the lights were off, so it was a little dark and I could still see it trying to make our basement it's home...

This is making me all itchy just thinking about it!

So, if you know me at all, I don't do bugs, insects, spiders, roley polies, lady bugs, butterflies, bees, OR ANY TYPE OF BUG/INSECT... you get the point. Well, I couldn't bring myself to kill it, so I got the heaviest glass to put over it. Now, I say the heaviest because the thing was so huge it probably could have pushed any ordinary glass over and come charging for me.


So there it sat in the glass trying to climb up it and push it over while I ran on the treadmill. I swear it moved the glass a couple of inches towards me before it gave up... Gar got home and he wouldn't kill it. (It's so big the only thing that would kill it would be a shotgun...) So he took it outside to release it back into the wild. I told him to do it far from the house, so he put it in the middle of the street... AND it started crawling back to the house... so Gar kicked it further away and it wandered of in the other direction.

To say the least.... I'm happy the animal is gone!!!
Exhibit a

Exhibit b

8 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I just threw up! I hate you for posting that!

Annie said...

OOO! Sorry! We found like 6 centipedes in our house. Luckily not all at the same time, but I found one while I was in the shower and just flushed it down the drain.

ANOB said...

Gross....I am going to Yak!!! I cant even look at it!!

ANOB said...

Dont ever post anything like that again....!!!

Anonymous said...

What the EFF is that? Glad you're still alive.

Dave and Christine said...

HOLY COW!!! Hope that wasn't crawling in your bed. That would be my worst nightmare.

SayitwithanH said...

I'm getting nauseous and also slightly curious. Like driving by a car accident. Is that spider or some kind of Lord of the Rings weird bug?

Deb said...

EEEK - that's a scary bug.
Nice of you guys not to kill it though it could have been Phyllis (be good because there is a possibility of reincarnating "downwards"!

I don't like bugs in the house cuz I get a creepy crawly feeling that they are on my body somewhere. Icky.