10.15.2008

The Romantic St. George Anniversary Getaway

So I will have to preface this St. Greoge trip... In April, I was on a committee for an event called the Chinese Auction. It ended up I was not able to actually attend the auction, so Gar went in my place. I was able to make it to the last 20 minutes so I called Gar to have him save me a seat and he said... "Bring the other visa card". Now mind you this is an auction where people drop a fair amount of money on item and then the money goes to charity.
To make a long story short, (too late), he ended up wining a bid for a weekend getaway for 2 to St. George, hotel and 2 tickets to see Les Miz at Tuachan. It was a good purchase and the money went to charity.

This summer was Stefanie and Garricks summer of fun. We went on many trips and most of them with just the 2 of us, which was so great!! It was so beautiful in St. George, perfect weather. We laid out by the pool went to dinner and just hung out with each other, we have a blast together!

Being the 90 year old I am with NO memory, I don't remember things that well and I didn't take many photos and we only have photos of the show...DUH. But none the less, we have footage... If you have not been to Tauchan, you must go. It is a terrific venue and they put on great shows. This was Gar's first time and I have only been there once. We had the "Chuck Wagon" dinner and headed to see the show, Gar had not see Les Miz on stage before. The fountain above is when you drive in to the venue. Fun huh.

This is Gar and I the "lobby" the stage is set behind and blow us. The weather was great. We were worried, because a couple of hours before the show, there was a huge thunder and rain storm. Tuachan is an out door theater and I was freaking out a little, but we lucked out and on our drive there it stopped raining. It was perfect cause it cooled the night off!

This is the stage. It is pretty sweet. We had great seats, 10th row middle! During the show, Fantines mic cut out and she sang "I dreamed a dream" with out a mic and the girl rocked it! I'm sure the people in the back row could hear her, she has such a great voice. I pretty much cried though the whole show as I always do.
Well, we had a wonderful weekend and loved the show. Here we are... good times...

3 comments:

ANOB said...

Such a handsome/beautiful couple arent you!!! I want to do that sometime. Very romantic!!

Nickie said...

Okay, you 2 are such a good-looking couple! I miss you!
I love the pictures of your cute nephews and your sisters and those little nieces! Oh my gosh! They're all so big! Except that little one at the end, what a face! I love babies when they are all animated like that.
I love seeing your family pics, you are such a cute fam, and it brings back happy memories!
Love you!

Deb said...

I love seeing you all together. You both have such beautiful, big, loving hearts. It doesn't suprise me that the little kids want to be with you both. Who doesn't? Gosh Ang & Bec's kids are sure growing up, they are adorable and look like such nice kids. How fun.

Congratulations on winning the auction! The trip to St. George sounded like a great time. The theatre is beautiful. I bet it was spectacular being there.

Looking forward to November when we get to be together again...I love you both and it has been a long time since I got a hug & a kiss from either of you! (but Stef...you know, try to contain yourself - you know what I'm talking about!!!LOL LOL LOL)
Love the new pictures and the new blogs. It is great for us voyeur types!